LVIG has arranged a public meeting for Tuesday 18 March, 7.30pm at the St.Mary's Centre on Ladywell Road.
This will be the AGM, at which the Committee positions (see below) will be filled - but after this we'll have a general discussion around the actions that LVIG will need to prioritise over the next year; and LVIG's proposed Ladywell hustings meeting in early May at which Ladywell Ward candidates in the 22 May local elections will be invited to 'make their pitches' and answer questions.
If you feel you have the time and what it takes to perform one of the Committee roles below please complete a nomination form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on Saturday 15 March.
COMMITTEE POSITIONS TO BE FILLED
- The Chair is the primary contact for the organisation, representing the organisation as necessary at meetings. He/she will, in normal circumstances, chair all meetings of the Group and ensure adherence to the Constitution.
- The Vice-Chair & Treasurer handles all the Group’s financial arrangements, including any bank account the Group may open and any donations or subscription, and will chair meetings in the Chair’s absence
- The Secretary arranges all the Group’s meetings, prepares and despatches agendas, minutes meetings, and retains copies of all agendas and minutes
- The Membership Officer maintains the Group’s membership list
- The Communications & Events Officer is responsible, in close liaison with the Chair, for the Group’s internal and external communications, including maintenance of the Blog and Twitter account)
- The Deputy Secretary (see 3 above)
- The Deputy Communications and Events Officer (see 5 above)